Founder, Positive Outlook Counseling
Welcome to another episode of The Coach’s Circle Podcast!
Our show is all about showing you everything the world of coaching has to offer–what it is, what it isn’t, and whether it might be the right career choice for you.
Through our conversations with professionals in a variety of different mental health and wellness fields, you’ll gain valuable, real-world insight into their careers and consider how their experiences might impact your own career choices. Our interviews will feature coaches, therapists, counselors, personal trainers, and other professionals who incorporate coaching into their practices. Our hope is that these varied perspectives will help you come to understand exactly the type of coach you were meant to be.
Today’s special guest is Marci Stiles. She is a licensed professional counselor, certified life coach, and the founder of Positive Outlook Counseling in Dallas, Texas.
- Marci takes us through her personal background and how she transitioned her career to become a counselor
- Why coaching is a natural fit for Marci’s personality and how she incorporated coaching into her practice
- Why Marci decided to keep her niches open and work with clients with a variety of challenges
- Marci’s decision not to accept insurance and why being out-of-network has been a benefit for her business and her clients
- Marci shares the most challenging aspects of her career as a counselor
On one difference between accepting insurance and being exclusively out of network: “If you’re coming to see me and you’re paying $195 an hour, you’re going to take that serious, because that is no small chunk of change. You are going to be there, you’re going to participate, or you’re not going to keep coming because that’s a big expense. If insurance covers it and your copay is 20 bucks, just naturally, are you going to put in the effort? We see that time and time again.”
Phone: (214) 629-9491