Dr. Holly Timberlake
Holistic, Energy-Based Psychotherapist
Welcome to another episode of The Coach’s Circle Podcast!
Our show is all about showing you everything the world of coaching has to offer–what it is, what it isn’t, and whether it might be the right career choice for you.
Through our conversations with professionals in a variety of different mental health and wellness fields, you’ll gain valuable, real-world insight into their careers and consider how their experiences might impact your own career choices. Our interviews will feature coaches, therapists, counselors, personal trainers, and other professionals who incorporate coaching into their practices. Our hope is that these varied perspectives will help you come to understand exactly the type of coach you were meant to be.
Today’s special guest is Dr. Holly Timberlake. She is a preeminent holistic, energy-based psychotherapist based in Hudson, Ohio.
- Holly takes us through her personal background and what led her to a career in psychology
- A discussion of energy-based psychotherapy, its benefits, and how it works
- How Holly uses EFT Tapping and a discussion of theories as to why it works so well
- Holly distinguishes between therapy and coaching and why she added coaching to her practice
- The most challenging aspect of Holly’s career as a psychotherapist
“I don’t think there’s any way of knowing in the beginning of a career what it’s going to be like to be sitting hour after hour, day after day in a space with people who are bringing their emotional pain and trauma to you. That’s the focus of what I’m doing right now. I’m trying to help people learn ways to insulate themselves — to be present and develop their empathic skills at the same time as developing these skills of taking care of themselves so that they’re not being as negatively impacted by this chosen work that we’re doing.”
Phone: (330) 653-5081
Email: [email protected]
Leave a Reply