Joanna Hardis, LISW
Cognitive Behavioral Therapist and Gestalt-Certified Coach
Welcome to another episode of The Coach’s Circle Podcast!
Our show is all about showing you everything the world of coaching has to offer–what it is, what it isn’t, and whether it might be the right career choice for you.
Through our conversations with professionals in a variety of different mental health and wellness fields, you’ll gain valuable, real-world insight into their careers and consider how their experiences might impact your own career choices. Our interviews will feature coaches, therapists, counselors, personal trainers, and other professionals who incorporate coaching into their practices. Our hope is that these varied perspectives will help you come to understand exactly the type of coach you were meant to be.
Today’s special guest is Joanna Hardis. She is a cognitive behavioral therapist and Gestalt-certified coach based in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
- Joanna takes us through her personal background and what prompted her to pursue a career in social work
- A discussion of the impact of COVID on the challenge of anxiety and OCD
- An introduction to Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) and why it’s so effective in treating OCD
- Joanna discusses her coaching work and how it differs from therapy
- The most challenging aspect of Joanna’s career as a therapist
“A lot of the work I do before I take a client on is making sure that they have a purpose that’s going to be greater than the discomfort that they’re going to experience. Because if your purpose isn’t greater than your pain, it’s not going to happen. This is hard work, and the transformation happens between sessions.”