Dr. Jordyn Trockman
Founder, California Women’s Therapy
Welcome to another episode of The Coach’s Circle Podcast!
Our show is all about showing you everything the world of coaching has to offer–what it is, what it isn’t, and whether it might be the right career choice for you.
Through our conversations with professionals in a variety of different mental health and wellness fields, you’ll gain valuable, real-world insight into their careers and consider how their experiences might impact your own career choices. Our interviews will feature coaches, therapists, counselors, personal trainers, and other professionals who incorporate coaching into their practices. Our hope is that these varied perspectives will help you come to understand exactly the type of coach you were meant to be.
Today’s special guest is Dr. Jordyn Trockman, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and the founder of California Women’s Therapy based in Los Angeles, California.
- Jordyn takes us through her personal background and her innate love for psychology
- Making the jump from employee to entrepreneur and the challenges Jordyn faced on the way
- Why Jordyn decided to focus primarily on women in her practice
- The benefits and drawbacks of an all-virtual private practice
- How Jordyn has tackled imposter syndrome throughout her career
“One of the reasons I wanted to go virtual was the convenience, both for myself, for the other providers I might bring on, and for clients. […] I know that there are so many other moms or working women who don’t have three hours in the middle of their workday to drive to a therapy session. It’s just not doable when your schedule is packed with work and family obligations. So taking out that commute factor is huge.”