Dr. Paulette Sherman
Licensed Psychologist, Certified Life Coach, and Relationship Expert
Welcome to another episode of The Coach’s Circle Podcast!
Our show is all about showing you everything the world of coaching has to offer–what it is, what it isn’t, and whether it might be the right career choice for you.
Through our conversations with professionals in a variety of different mental health and wellness fields, you’ll gain valuable, real-world insight into their careers and consider how their experiences might impact your own career choices. Our interviews will feature coaches, therapists, counselors, personal trainers, and other professionals who incorporate coaching into their practices. Our hope is that these varied perspectives will help you come to understand exactly the type of coach you were meant to be.
Today’s special guest is Dr. Paulette Sherman, a Licensed Psychologist, Certified Life Coach, and Relationship Expert based in New York City.
- Paulette takes us through her personal background and how it impacted her choice to pursue psychology
- A discussion of finding your niche and how you don’t need to have it all figured out from Day 1
- The challenge of modern dating and how Paulette helps clients navigate their relationships today
- Why mindset — not just making the right moves — is key to creating great relationships and finding love
- The most rewarding and challenging aspects of Paulette’s career
“You can take a ton of action, like, “Oh, I’m going on all these dates, and I’m accountable, and I’m going to these events” and that’s great, but if you’re still doing the same thing from the inside — you’re afraid, you’re sabotaging yourself, your self-esteem is low — that’s going to stop you before you even begin. […] A lot of dating books [say] “dress like this, say this, do these rules,” and that may work in the beginning, but eventually these things are going to out. You have to align your thoughts, feelings, and actions with what you want to create.”