Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Welcome to another episode of The Coach’s Circle Podcast!
Our show is all about showing you everything the world of coaching has to offer–what it is, what it isn’t, and whether it might be the right career choice for you.
Through our conversations with professionals in a variety of different mental health and wellness fields, you’ll gain valuable, real-world insight into their careers and consider how their experiences might impact your own career choices. Our interviews will feature coaches, therapists, counselors, personal trainers, and other professionals who incorporate coaching into their practices. Our hope is that these varied perspectives will help you come to understand exactly the type of coach you were meant to be.
Today’s special guest is Julie Lillis, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with Soul Ambition Counseling in Boynton Beach, Florida.
- A discussion of Julie’s early life and its influence on her decision to pursue psychology
- Why including an intro video on your bio page can help improve your client fit
- An introduction to Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Julie’s take on the difference between coaching and therapy
- The most rewarding and challenging aspects of Julie’s therapy work
“When you’re giving that kind of energy to people all day long, at the end of the day, you just feel the weight of the world. […] But the rewarding part is helping people through that and showing them that they are not their past and that they don’t have to keep living in that same story that they’ve been telling themselves.”