Coach, Personal Trainer, and Speaker
Welcome to another episode of The Coach’s Circle Podcast!
Our show is all about showing you everything the world of coaching has to offer–what it is, what it isn’t, and whether it might be the right career choice for you.
Through our conversations with professionals in a variety of different mental health and wellness fields, you’ll gain valuable, real-world insight into their careers and consider how their experiences might impact your own career choices. Our interviews will feature coaches, therapists, counselors, personal trainers, and other professionals who incorporate coaching into their practices. Our hope is that these varied perspectives will help you come to understand exactly the type of coach you were meant to be.
Today’s special guest is Jeff Siegel, a Wellness, Health, and Life Coach, a Certified Personal Trainer, and Transformational Speaker based in Boston, Massachusetts.
- How an eating disorder in Jeff’s earlier life started his journey to healing
- Why a mind-only focused coaching approach can be limited
- How a body-focused approach is about so much more than boosting happiness hormones
- How Jeff creates a 4-part action plan for his clients based on their unique life situation
- The aspect of his coaching work that Jeff found most challenging
“I source a lot of my wisdom from my own struggles. I believe it’s all of our responsibility to take a look at ourselves and to find the things that cut us off from the world, the things that we suffer and struggle with, and to heal those and do it in a way that becomes an offering to others, to help them heal and avoid some of the same pitfalls. I traversed that territory, and so I know, very intimately, a lot about the snarky habits when it comes to eating, bingeing, and restricting, or when it comes to body image issues or not trusting your body.”