Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Therapist
Welcome to another episode of The Coach’s Circle Podcast!
Our show is all about showing you everything the world of coaching has to offer–what it is, what it isn’t, and whether it might be the right career choice for you.
Through our conversations with professionals in a variety of different mental health and wellness fields, you’ll gain valuable, real-world insight into their careers and consider how their experiences might impact your own career choices. Our interviews will feature coaches, therapists, counselors, personal trainers, and other professionals who incorporate coaching into their practices. Our hope is that these varied perspectives will help you come to understand exactly the type of coach you were meant to be.
Today’s special guest is Jennifer Klesman, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Therapist with Cityscape Counseling in downtown Chicago.
- A discussion of Jen’s journey from working in schools to private practice
- How and why Jen decided to specialize in dealing with trauma
- An overview of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Why adding a somatic element to therapy (and coaching!) can be so effective
- How COVID-19 has changed the way therapy works
“Those small interactions that you have in the office — where you’re on your way to the bathroom and you stop and ask your co-worker how their weekend was — those are very nurturing. They’re very connecting, and we’re not having any of those right now. So we’re recognizing that those were important.”